Tuesday, March 25, 2008

The Best Birthday

March 17th was my birthday and my sweet husband, kids and friends made me feel so special. My husband was so thoughtful and creative. The Saturday before my birthday I went shopping with a friend. My hubby called a few minutes after we left and told me that my present was in the car and to reach in the side pocket of the door. There was an envelope with a cute note that said "have fun shopping" and a load of cash. Then, on Sunday evening he invited a few friends over for cake and ice cream. On Monday morning Paul & the kids came up to our room (I was still in bed enjoying that it was my b-day and I didn't have to get up yet) with my favorite bagel, some OJ and a card from each one of them. The cards from the kids were adorable and Paul gave me a very sweet card. In the card he wrote me a very creative message. He surprised me and took the day off and planned a whole day for me. He just had the times and addresses of the places I needed to be and I had to use the GPS to find it. My first stop was a pedicure. He even had a bag for me with some magazines and a Take 5 candy bar and my flip flops.
The next stop was lunch with him and the boys (so I could feed Cooper). We had a wonderful lunch and I was so happy to spend lunch with all the boys. When we were done eating he gave me a bag with a change of clothes and I was off to my next destination which was a facial and an 1 1/2 hour massage. When I came out of the massage there were balloons and 3 dozen roses (one dozen from each boy in our family, he is trying to teach them that boys give girls flowers). My next stop was Cheesecake Factory for dinner with the family. When we got home the kids had picked out a cake for me (mint chocolate chip ice cream, green for St Patricks). It was a wonderfully memorable birthday. Later in the week some friends took me to dinner at PF Changs. It was a wonderful week full of birthday celebration. I typically do not like a big deal made of my birthday but everyone made me feel so special. Even though there were other challenges during the week, my wonderful b-day outshone them.


7 comments:

Carol said...

That is the most awesome thing I have ever heard! Paul and my husband should talk! Happy belated birthday...you deserved a good time.

John and Marissa said...

Paul puts these boys to shame! He definitely needs to be like a keynote speaker for a "Giftgiving to girls" seminar. I am sooo glad you had a great birthday - just wish I could have been there to celebrate with you.

Mamathom and Papathom said...

That IS MY BOY. Proud of Paul for doing all of that and I agree it definitely needs to be published somewhere so that more women could benefit from such loving things done for them by their spouse. Thanks for sharing. Loved the pictures.

Leisa Waldron said...

Holy COW!!! If that is what he does for 26/27 years imagine your 30th. Good job Paul!!!

Katrina said...

Happy Birthday! You have a very sweet husband.

Jason & Claire said...

Happy belated birthday. That is incredible. You can tell he really thought about things you would enjoy. Very sweet.

Whit said...

You deserved every moment of it! Seriously.