Monday, March 10, 2008

Marissa & Sarah's shower

On the last Wednesday in February I flew down to Las Vegas with Cooper to see Marissa and her new baby Sarah and throw a shower. Isabelle & Seth stayed here with Paul and my mother-in-law came out to visit and help so Paul didn't have to miss work. It was so great having her here. She was a big help!! I don't think the kids missed me that much! Anyway, It was so fun going to Vegas with just Cooper. It is so funny, after having three kids, going down to one for a few days is a breeze! I had a great time visiting with my mom, Marissa and my new niece Sarah. She is a tiny little peanut. I am not used to such a small baby (mine were all much bigger than her, by like 2 lbs!). We ate out, went shopping and spent a lot of time just hanging out. The shower was on Saturday, we had a great turnout and the food was wonderful. On Monday we went shopping again so I could help her pick out any missed items that she didn't get at her shower. We also found a crib and changing table. It was a wonderful extended weekend and something my sis and I have been waiting a long time to do together. It was bittersweet leaving. I was happy to get home to my husband and other children, but very sad to be missing out on this amazing experience with my sister. We are finally both stay-at-home mommies! We were so busy at the shower we didn't get that many pictures but here are a few of me, Marissa and my mom.


No comments: