Sunday, August 10, 2008

Boys will be boys

I swear, every time I turn around Seth is hurting himself. He is SO accident prone. Some of you already know that when he was 2 he broke his leg riding his scooter. He is constantly tripping and when he does he ALWAYS hit his forehead. Ever since he could walk he has had goose eggs on his head. So, here is the latest one and I think this one may take the cake. He was chasing his sister and tripped and he of course hit his forehead. Luckily he did not have a concussion, just 2 black eyes and a major goose egg. Mind you, this picture is after icing it on and off for 2 hours.


Later that week Izzy was trying to pretend she was a doctor and poked something in his ear. He started screaming and his ear started gushing blood so I called my pediatrician (yes, I have his cell phone number on speed dial) and he told me to bring him in to make sure his eardrum did not rupture. Luckily it was just a scratch in the inner ear. Izzy felt SO bad, she was really broken up about it. The other recent injury of his happened at Cooper's birthday. We were all outside watching Cooper eat his cake and I look over and see Seth jump off the diving board. I run over to the side of the pool and get there just as he is coming up out of the water. He jumped to close to the side and hit his mouth on the concrete stair on the side of the pool. His mouth was gushing blood and his teeth were pushed back a bit. My brother-in-laws friend is a pediatric dentist so he came over to check his teeth out. He did push them back a bit but they were not too loose so it looks like they will not fall out for now.

Here is a pic of Cooper at our friends birthday party. I swear it just comes ingrained in their brains to play with cars and guns. Look at his finger, Uncle John and Uncle Chet would be proud.

9 comments:

Liz Prisbrey said...

Oh Laura, your life sounds too crazy for me!! Your poor little boy, or should I say all of your children. You weren't kidding when you said you had to have your pediatrician on speed dial. I hope things start looking up sooner! :-) It's nice to see you blogging again!

Jessica said...

Oh my gosh Laura! That goose egg is huge! This is your cousin by the way...I found all of you on Jaimee and Michelle's blogs...

Cindy said...

Poor boy! He reminds me of Blake...2 broken arms, stiches under the chin...you name he did it. I think it must be a boy thing.
How have you been? I haven't talked to you in forever. We need to catch up!!

Taralee said...

If it makes you feel any better, I have 3 GIRLS and I have the same stories :) Halle is constantly hurting herself, Brinley fell and knocked her teeth back and the dentist has to pull them forward... I think my girls might be a little too tom-boy!! But I love it, they sure keep me on my toes :) Now what will I do with an actual boy...in 4 1/2 weeks...we'll see!!

Patrick and Jennifer Thompson said...

Oh Seth!!!! He keeps you on your toes and we sure love that kid, especially Saige. Hopefully things will slow down with school starting and summer ending.

Jason & Claire said...

Oh my goodness! Poor Seth! My teeth and forehead are hurting just reading this. I'm so glad there's no permanent damage.

Carol said...

that's a serious goose egg! holy cow. i'm amazed your dr. gave you his cell phone #. didn't know they did that! nice for you.

nice to hear from you again.

Alicia said...

Yeah for Laura you updated your blog! Hope everyone is feeling better soon. Talk to you soon-probably tomorrow (or today because it is almost 1 a.m. on Thursday-sheesh! I gotta get to bed.)

Leisa Waldron said...

Y-OUCH! Poor Seth! I haven't seen you forever AGAIN. :)