Tuesday, August 26, 2008

The Olympics

Our kids have been loving watching the Olympics. Seth enjoyed watching the swimming, gymnastics and diving. Izzy in particular has loved the gymnastics. We would tivo it and then snuggle on my bed and watch it. It has really inspired her. I think it really connected what she has been doing in class. It helped her to see what they mean when they say straighten your legs and point your toes and to see what she could be able to do in the future. She has been doing gymnastics all over our house and has really improved over the last couple of weeks. It has been really fun. Her teacher talked to us about possibly joining the developmental team but I am not sure we are ready to commit to that yet. I wouldn't trade my years as a competitive gymnast for anything but I was much older and it was definitely my choice. As a matter of fact, I had to beg my parents to let me compete. She enjoys so many other activities I know she is not ready to give everything else up ( not that she would have to yet). So if and when she ever wants to I just want to make sure it is her choice and she is basically begging me because it is a big commitment! I know she doesn't look that happy but I think she was just so focused on watching she didn't know daddy was taking a picture. That is Seth's trademark position when relaxing. It cracks me up.

7 comments:

Mamathom and Papathom said...

WOW AND WOW-E - Laura, you really got caught up. Thanks so much for all those fun pictures and updates on the family. Loved them all.

Liz Prisbrey said...

It doesn't surprise me that she would be that good! I seem to remember her mother tumbling across my backyard every time she came over!

Patrick and Jennifer Thompson said...

We are really sad the Olympics are over, we were Olympic Junkies at our house. Saige loved every event and had to try them all which made for some interesting playtimes. We loved watching her mind at work.

Leisa Waldron said...

Cute...and hey! Isn't that my pillow Seth is laying on? :)

Kiesel Klan said...

Hey Laura it's rushelle rhodes/kiesel. I haven't seen youguys forever. i just saw you on katrina's blog. I can't believe you have three kids. that's nuts.

Mandi said...

The only time I've been bummed we don't have cable is when the olympics has been on! You guys are cute. So glad you're feeling better too.

Julie T. said...

Those were the days. . . that looks like us watching the olympics- but I was cursing at the TV most of the time:) I was very mad at the judging!!