Thursday, May 8, 2008

A visit from Sarah (Marissa, Grandma & Grandpa too)

The week before General Conference, Mom came up to give me a short break from all of the stress that we have had between Isabelle & Cooper's medical troubles. Since the kids had not gotten a chance to see their new cousin Sarah yet, Marissa & her decided to tag along. Mom came a little earlier in the week and then Dad, Marissa & Sarah came on Friday. I wish they could have stayed longer but it was fun while it lasted. All of the kids enjoyed her but Isabelle especially had a wonderful time holding & feeding her. She would have been content to hold her all the time. She always tells me that she wants to be a mom when she grows up and she wants 5 kids (down from 10). I have no doubt that she will be a great one!
This is one of Sarah's first documented smiles.
Izzy loved feeding her. Since I breastfeed she had never had a chance to give a baby a bottle.
Seth wanted to hold her too.

That Friday, Isabelle was given the all clear from the doctor to return to school and normal activity. We celebrated by going to the park on Saturday after conference.


5 comments:

Aleisha said...

Hey Laura! I am so glad to hear Isabelle is doing so good. I hope things continue going good for you. All your pictures of your kids are so cute.

Patrick Thompson said...

Looks like so much fun at the park, but be sure and save some energy for us! Just a few more weeks and then play time, we are SOOOO looking forward to it. Miss you guys.

Jason & Claire said...

I'm so glad she is back to her regular life. Youa re going to have fun as a grandma if she has 5-10 kids. You will never be bored.

MVP Family said...

Hey Laura this is Ashly (Sampson) from Vegas. Your kids are darling and I found your blog because Sarah emailed my sister Amber and a few links later Amber told me how to find you. Sounds like things have been a little crazy for you lately, but looks like they are doing better. Hope all is well. My blog is petersengang.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Hey Laura this is Amber...looks like Ashly already found you :) It's been fun looking at your blog (and Marissa's) and catching up after so many years!!! What a cute family you have, we'll be checking back often.