Friday, November 9, 2007

The First Meal



I was going to wait another month to start him on food but, I was told that Acidophilus can help a gassy tummy. So, since he doesn't have a bottle, the only way to give it to him was to mix the powder in some rice cereal. I put him in the high chair and put on his new bib, then mixed 2 tablespoons of the rice cereal with some water. I wanted to mix it with water because he can get a little stopped up and I thought the water might help prevent that from happening. He seemed to like it and he did a pretty good job. He really did not get very messy. And, for the very exciting payoff, he slept an additional 2 hours last night before waking to eat. Sleep, precious sleep! We will have to see if it was just a fluke or if the cereal actually helped. Anyway, I can't believe our baby is growing up so fast. He is so precious. It goes by so fast. Before I know it he will be a year old.

2 comments:

John and Marissa said...

He looks sooo big! I love those blue eyes! (Where did those come from??) He definitely has his own look now - doesn't look much like brother or sister anymore. Adorable!

Cindy said...

Time sure flys by! Brooke is already 17 months old. Only 3 more weeks till nursery!!! Chad and I can't wait! I am glad he is sleeping longer for you. I think that is the best feeling in the world. When you think you'll never sleep for 8 hours again in your life...and then your baby starts to gradually sleep for longer hours. I think it is great!